Just another site that's giving you hard to find music

A Place To Find Some Rarer Tunes (Mod, PowerPop, Punk, Ska) ripped from my vinyl collection. If it sounds good I'll post it. The idea being that now you know about them, you can seek them out! If anyone is unhappy about any of these posts please contact me & I will take them off.

Sunday 9 January 2011

The Thunderbolts - Dust On Me Needle (1980)

b/w - Something Else

Nice Pub rock in the Brinsley Schwarz vein, sometimes ering a bit too close to a "novelty record" but I like it & it's been requested so download & enjoy!!
or don't, it's up to you.

It's actually Keef Trouble backed by members of Brett Marvin & the Thunderbolts (The name change was Stiff Mainman Dave Robinson's idea

The Band were

Keef Trussel (voc bass)
Graham Hine (guitar mandolin)
Malcolm Hine (guitar)
John "Lofty" Randall (drums)
David "Taffy" Davies (keyboards)RIP

There's more info (& dodgy videos) here

If you add Keef Trouble, Graham Hine & Lofty Randall To John Lewis (AKA Jona Lewie) you also have Terry Dactyl & The Dinosaurs
Keef Trouble also wrote the lyrics for Jona Lewie " You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties" which is now an IKEA ad

Sounds & scans below
http://www.mediafire.com/?5xu857zwucxxiij

1 comment:

  1. I met Dave! Is he stillkicking?

    He turned The Warm down in 1973, ha ha! That's why I did my own records on my own Warm Records. I remember The Brinsleys
    Warm regards
    Rui de Castro

    ReplyDelete