Just another site that's giving you hard to find music

A Place To Find Some Rarer Tunes (Mod, PowerPop, Punk, Ska) ripped from my vinyl collection. If it sounds good I'll post it. The idea being that now you know about them, you can seek them out! If anyone is unhappy about any of these posts please contact me & I will take them off.

Wednesday 6 October 2010

Rye and the quarterboys - Fantasy (1982)



b/w - Private number

The band came from the London area & were

Kevin Williams (voc)
Martin Cunningham (guitar)
Nick Hayman (bass)
Howard Beck (drums)
Mike Tomin (keyboards)
Chris Lawrence (trombone)
Stewart Prosser (trumpet)
Greg Brown (Sax)

The b-side is a cover of the classic William Bell/Judy Clay track & "Fantasy" is an original.

You can also find a couple more of their tracks on the compilation LP's "A Sudden Surge Of Sound"(1980) & "Baby Don't Jump"(1982)

Whatever, if you're into a bit of soul with your mod revival sounds then this is for you!!

Sounds & scans below

http://www.mediafire.com/?9jj2g1eib7x02hj

3 comments:

  1. This Post has been updated !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I played guitar on the single. I was with them until November 1982.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool - Have you any more info so that I can update the post

      Delete